Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Really Really Really Real!

We finally got our confirmation number! A very short number. I'd like to put it here in large capital letters - but I am afraid it might not be a good idea. Who knows why it wouldn't - we are just getting close and I don't want to jinx it!!!!

Anyway - the assistant stork is processing our visas. We should have them by early next week. We plan to try to leave on Wednesday or so... I will post when we have our real date. I should know by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. But we'll see...


8 comments:

Elle said...

Melissa,
What fantastic news!!!!

Good news just keeps coming and coming for everyone. Pass some of it along our way!

Maggie said...

OK I'm confused. Is your confirmation number part of your LOI? This means your going to be able to go get Maks right?

I'm going to assume yes and say Hooray! Wonderful, wonderful news!

A Room to Grow said...

Congrats on your good news! I'm excited for you guys!

Linda said...

Maybe we will see you in KZ! We are leaving Monday.

Woods Family said...

Sorry - yes - the confirmation number is part of the LOI. We heard that we got our letter of invitation already - but the Embassy in DC needed the confirmation of the leeter at their office before our visas could be issued.

Bureaucracies are always too complicated! IMHO

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Great news.

Chris Sapp said...

Woo-hoo! We are SO excited! I wish I could be there to see Maks' face!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I just got to thinking about you this evening and hopped on your blog. I am SO VERY excited for you. I wish I lived closer because I would take your dog and your students (except that I don't know anything about physics). All good things. So happy for you.

--Kim (Jon's little sister)