

Luckily on the way to the baby house Simone and Lena taught us a bunch of the animals name in Russian. Momma and Daddy had fun asking Maks "Gudye Sobaka?" (where's the dog?) and Maks would point and say "There it is". "Gudye Champanzee?" At this question, both Daddy and Maks would stick their hands under there arms and say "OH OH OH" like silly little monkeys. Momma captured some great video of that!

Papa and Maksim played superman. The sobaka and Maks both went for the flight. He is such a ham and loves it when we take pictures of him. He doesn't really like looking at them in the camera after they are taken, though. The dragon puppet was also very fun. We weren't sure what he kept calling it. We so wish we spoke more Russian. He has so much to say.

When we arrived in the afternoon, Maks was so excited he put on two pair of shorts. As he ran out to meet us, they both came falling down. We all laughed and Momma got a video of him jumping into Daddy's arms for a hug and a back pat.
We made progress in the afternoon with eye contact. Momma and Maks got to have so much fun bouncing around and hugging and kissing. We were both ecstatic! Maks and Momma are lucky to have someone that loves us. We laughed and laughed and bounced around. And Momma got to look into his big dark green eyes. They are kinda brown, too. It is hard to describe how full of life and beautiful they are.

We ate goldfish and fed each other. Well, Momma and Daddy fed eachother and Maksim. When it was Maksim's turn the goldfish would head toward Daddy but always end up in Maksim's mouth! We played with his machina car and play dough. We learned to cut with some playdough scissors. Afterward Momma thought about the reprocussions of learning to cut with scissors. Oops! But is was very fun and play dough is forgiving. Maks thought that his hands were dirty so he found the baby wipe that Daddy had used earlier and wiped his own hands. We are amazed at his ability to think. Imagine that a real life human being. ; )
All in all, it was a fabulous day and Momma and Daddy are tuckered out! What is going to happen to us when we get to bring him Dom Mali Dom????

9 comments:
AWWWWW those are the sweetest pictures...... Im so dang happy for your guys.... Maks is so cute
Cant wait to hear more.....
Lauri
It is so good that you are writing this all down- so it is fresh in your mind. Also, the pictures are so great. It will be a treasure to Maksim some day!
Such an exciting time!
Melissa,
I love the photo of you and Maks! It is just beautiful. I am glad you guys are getting to spend so much time with him.
How fun!
He is so darling..can't you just smush on him!!!It looks like the bonding is doing okay..the first no-nos are going to be the hardest.."The Bear" misses you guys a lot..she keeps looking for you and wondering why were sleepingf in your bed..kinda the three bears in reverse...You nedd to email me a list to to do's..we never got around to the garden etc..kiss my boy for me and hug each other..your dream is a reality!!
love Momma
Hi you guys looks like things are great. Mak's looks like he's enjoying his time with you. I'm very happy for you. Just to make sure on the painting you want clear lacqour only ?? I found some stain in the closet. and I turned off the sprinklers for a couple of day and turned them to start tine 3 I think that is where it was when I changed it
Have fun see ya soon Papa Jon
I love that lil' guy! It's nice to see you all so happy!
Michelle
Oh my goodness. I'm just melting with the cuteness of it all. I love his wide mouth expression... he just looks like he's having so much fun. And the picture of Maks and his Mom is priceless. Thanks so much for sharing.
I love seeing how happy you all are. Your story and pics demonstrate the wonderful process of a family coming together. I will look forward to your post tomorrow. Love the smiles on Maks.
I am so happy for you guys. You make such a happy beautiful family. Maks sounds so smart and also fun! I can't wait to see and read what comes next. Take care!
Post a Comment