Sunday, February 19, 2006

Our excursion in the snow

Lena and Simone took us on a tour of the city today. It was interesting but it was snowing so we didn't really get out of the car too much. The snow is dry and the snowflakes were large. It reminded us of Utah: the hills, the older homes, the trees and bushes, the granite even the dry snow. It is alot like the Western US.

We went out for lunch at Pizza Blues. The pizza sauce is mayonnaise. Need I say more. I ordered chicken noodle soup that was very good. Jason had "potpourri" soup that was sausage, pepperoni and lemon flavored. Sounds a little weird but it tasted great. We also shared a pancake - basically a crepe stuffed with ham and swiss cheese. It was a light lunch and we might end up losing weight.

We also went shopping in a mall kind of place with a bunch of small stores. We looked around for a while and found some interesting items. We didn't purchase anything because Lena told us that we should comparison shop. :P I guess that will give me an excuse to take Jason shopping some more!

We definately stick out like the Americans we are. People watch us a bit - as we watch them.

Tomorrow - we visit our son!

7 comments:

Maggie said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles for your visit with Maks. I'll be thinking about you!

Lauri said...

cant wait to hear about your visit with your boy...

take care

Lauri

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa and Jason,
It is so exciting to see your adventure unfold and I am so happy that you are finally in Kaz. Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear about Mak.
Sara from Santa Barbara

Anonymous said...

My darlings...
I am so happy to see you so happy.."Bear"and I went for a walk this morning...she spends most of her time bossing us around...Can't wait to see pictures of you guys and your son...and my grandson..I'll call you in a couple of days..love Momma

Woods Family said...

Bear is definately the boss of the house. She is sooo silly. Tell her we love and miss her.

We love and miss you guys.

Jennefer said...

I look forward to hearing about your visit.

I grew up in Utah. I wonder if Russia will feel like home.

Chris Sapp said...

Hi there! We just returned home from a 4.5 hour car ride withthe kids - so much better than the 22+ hours in flight to get them home, but still not so fun. I've thought of you a lot! TOMORROW!!!!!! I told you it would happen :-)

Michelle