Monday, February 27, 2006

Momma's Snuggle


Today, we got a treat! We got to watch a rehearsal of the party that will happen on Thursday. The children from the 2 and 3 year old groups will perform a dance in the Goodbye to Winter party. We got some great footage of Maks' first performance. He was so cute and nervous. The video is adorable. He will dance with a girl, say a few lines solo, and participate in the group dance. I can't wait to see it in full costume.

At lunch time, Simone and Lena took us to a museum . Did you know that the author of The Wizard of Oz is from Ust-Kamenogorsk? Weird. We got to see his house. The museum was also very interesting. They had a taxidermy section where we were allowed to take pics. Ahhhheehh! Stuffed animals - not exactly my cup of tea. But interesting. Here is a picture of us by a (dead stuffed) snow leopard. It is the national animal - kinda like the bald eagle is for the US, I guess.

We took Maksim for a walk. He loves showing off his new boots. All during the walk he was talking about bananas. He loves food! He loves trying on his new clothes. The 2T stuff we brought him is almost too big!! He continues to love to play with the cell phone and looking at all of his books. He is really getting into the life book now. He asked me the name of all of his cousins and he repeated them. He knows auntie and babooshka (sorry Nana's - I think you will be Babooshkas!!) The little sticky frogs are a big hit now that he knows they will not "get" him. Lagooshka!! Lagooshka!! He shouts when he sees them and we stick them to the walls. He has soo much energy. We will definately have our hands full with him.

We hope that he will not be scared when he comes back with us to the apartment. What will it be like without the other children?? What will he think of the elevator and Momma's cooking? Do kids like sriracha? hehehee

At the end of the visit, Maksim really snuggled into Momma. He did not want her to leave. She did not want to leave either. He played with her hair and buried his head into her neck and leaned right into her. "I love you so much," he said. Can he already know what that means? I am almost ready to cry just remembering his little self hugging and holding me. We snuggled for a little while until he was ready to go. He gave Daddy a snuggle and Da Svidanya. Can't wait until tomorrow!

11 comments:

Jennefer said...

What a great experience!

Elle said...

Sounds like you guys are having a fantastic time. I love reading the stories every day! Love the physics nerd shirt too. I expect A to have an Archy Trash shirt (Archy=Archaeologist, which is D).

Anonymous said...

Hi kids..

He has absolutely,no question,100 percent got your number dialed on speed dial...thats as it should be...he is having needs met he probably didn't even know he had...isn't being a parent wonderful!!!!!

Babooshka

Chris Sapp said...

A family once told us that we'd be surprised how ready Mateo would be to leave the orphanage and go with us. I just couldn't believe it since he had been there all his life. When it was time, he was so happy. The orphanage workers are great, but nothing takes the place of a mama and papa all your own. He will be in Heaven! You'll have to let us know if he has the same fascination with turning on and off lights, opening and closing doors, and flushing toilets. Mateo has so much energy, too! Someady these boys will have to meet again!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Privetik!
kak zhizn? Maksim tak krasivi! otlichna zdest'! da pozha e udachi!!
poka,
melanie

ps - good luck with the russian :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Woods,
This is your fourth period class! Everything is going well here. How is life in Kazakhstan? What date are you returning? We hope all is going well!
- 4th period physics

Maggie said...

I bet any money that Maksim knows what "I love you so much" means. He's saying it appropriately and you can just tell when they mean it.

I started telling Peanut that I loved him on his second day here. At first he just smiled, then two days later he was saying it, too. But within a week he really MEANT it. I can't describe how I knew the difference. But I could just tell.

Anonymous said...

I was visiting with my sister, Tawni, and her new son yesterday when Tawni told me about your journey. I am SO happy for you, Melissa. As I looked through your entire process in one day, I cried and laughed and smiled... you know, you've felt it all along the way. Congratulations. What a beautiful boy! Your cousin, Tina

Anonymous said...

Yay Physics Nerds!

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying reading your posts. Your little guys in sooo cute! You are going to have a blast when it's just the three of you.

Anonymous said...

He said "I love you!" You must want to take hime home right now! I am so happy for you two! I also think that I would like that museum with the stuffed animals! He he :)
-Claire