Saturday, January 28, 2006

No LOI

I don't know why I get myself all worked up. I feel like it is always something with our dossier. What should take 1 week invariably takes much longer. The other families with timelines similiar to ours have received theirs so ours should be next. Sometimes I think we'll never be able to go get him. Sometimes I think it is NOT really really real.

But really I know that many families out there have had difficult journeys. Some so difficult I can't imagine how they do it each day. I think sometimes they probably don't. It helps me feel better knowing that we all go through the same things.

A note to self: Keep waiting. Breathe. Grade your papers.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I'm sorry, Melissa. I'm sure it will be here soon. I had a disappointment with my adoption process this week, too. It's hard to be so close yet not able to go.

Even though I have a hard time believing it for myself sometimes, I'm sure when your LOI arrives and you can go get your little boy all this waiting will fade from your memory.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives on Monday. Cross your fingers that reaccreditation happens for all of the non-accredited Russia PAPs, OK?

Lauri said...

Im praying for you melissa..... every thing is crossed that you will get that dang letter and be off to get your Son.... and that all Paps waiting on reaccreditation get their important phone call or email really soon


Hang in there-You have every right to feel frustrated- you have been so patient... breathe and take care of yourself

Anonymous said...

I am just a phone call from you my darling girl....I know it won't be long... you just want me to have to plant your garden...a job to keep me busy will help me wait...for my little girl to get her long awaited child to cherish and love...just like I love you...it's worth it...I promise!!!

I love you

Momma

Chris Sapp said...

Melissa & Jason,
If I've learned anything from our adoption journey, I've learned that I am not in control, and never was. No matter how much I tried, how hard I prayed, how responsible I was, etc... I was never in control. As hard as it is, trust in God. Maks was created for the two of you the day he was conceived, and you WILL travel, you WILL meet your boy, you WILL hold him in your arms, you WILL bring him home, and believe it or not, someday, you WILL begin to forget how bad the hurting was when you waited. All the joys will supercede this miserable time. My heart aches for you because I know you pain. We can't wait to follow your journey! It is your month to travel. I know it.

We are here for you ANYTIME!
Michelle