I've never been tagged before. I, too feel special and kinda giggly. Why would I be giggly? I don't know. But I think that I am supposed to answer/fill in the blanks on the questions she was asked - So without further ado
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was engaged to be married to my wonderful husband Jason and attending USC in my senior year. I lived with Jason and commuted on the Metrolink train to USC daily. Sounds yucky but actually I got much of my homework done on the train. I studied Physics and Astronomy and was enrolled in Senior Laboratory (Physics course), Observational Astronomy, The History of Modern Art (yuck!! My only B!!), Quantum Mechanics II, Astrophysics II. I worked my butt off and enjoyed ever last calculation. I didn't really enjoy Observational Astronomy only because I am not a night owl. We had to (try to) stay up all night at Table Top Mountain Observatory staring at computer screens. :P You'd think it would be very romantic watching the stars through a telescope on cold dark night (sounds romantic to me - I am a physics nerd. :) Not my cup of tea.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I had just finished convincing my husband that adoption was the right route to parenthood for us. We thought that IVF was too scary and we (I) couldn't take anymore specula and white lab coats. Plus, I am allergic to a HUGE cardboard box FULL of pills and shots. EEWWWW! Not to take anything away from the people that choose to take this route. Their beautiful children are worth it - I am 100% sure.
I was also teaching high school physics and loving every one of my "babies". Really - my high school students are kind, thoughtful, smart, giggly (Why would they be giggly??), funny, perceptive, and above all PHYSICS NERDS!! You go Joules Krew!! I love my students. *sigh*
Five Snacks I enjoy
1. Trader Joe's Salsa Especial and with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
2. Chile Lemon Pistachios
3. Wisecrackers with shaved Parmesan Cheese
4. Syrah (the most wonderful of the varietals)
5. Whole English cucumbers sprinkled with COARSE grind black pepper and salt
Five songs to which I know all the lyrics
1. Angel - Sarah McLachlan
2. Holy Melt Down Honey - The Donner Party
3. One Moment More - Mindy Smith
4. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
5. Silly Girl - Descendents
PS I know way more than five - to my husbands dismay. I seems he doesn't think I have a wonderful singing voice!
Five things I would do if I were a Millionaire
1. Adopt 6 children
2. Buy a large ranch on which to raise said children
3. Attend college as a career
4. Buy neighboring ranches for my siblings
5. Set up a Humanitarian Fund so that people could write me with requests
I guess I'll need to be a billionaire...
Five bad habits
1. I am compulsive
2. I order things at a restaurant with the sauce/dressing on the side, minus this and add that and ..... high maintenance I guess
3. Proving my point "at all costs" according to my husband.
4. I point out the physics in each situation where someone will listen and complete back of the envelope calcuations just to prove my point.
5. Wine
Five Things I like doing
1. Hanging out with my Sweet Pea
2. Walking/Running with my Dog
3. Physics - especially pointing out the Physics mistakes Chemists like to make!! hahaha lalala
4. Food - grilling/baking/watching the food channel
5. Wine
Five things I would never wear ( buy or get again)
1. Basketball jersey - ok any sports jersey
2. mini skirt
3. thigh high boots
4. fishnet stockings
5. Ugg Boots
Five Favorite toys
1. My truck, Gertrude. Okay - I had to give her to my husband so that I could get a mommy car. The things we do for our prospective children. *sigh*
2. My projectile launcher demo
3. My multimeter
4. Making homemade launch rockets out of paper with my friends (they are usually under 10 years old although my husband will play along)
5. My pulley system at school - It is lagged into the ceiling and so I can lift myself and other objects high above the students. They love it - I love it!! Very cool physics toy! Thanks Leaps!
Im supposed to tag five people.... But ....
Elizabeth your it
9:38 Elizabeth gets tagged!
4:46 I have decided that I don't know enough bloggers. Lauri took all the good ones. :(
4:35 I am new at this blogging thing. I am going to have to try decide whom to tag. Check back later...
Friday, January 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melissa - I just found your site through your delurk on Still Waiting. I'm glad to find another PAP site that I can really relate to. Other than the Physics thing... that intimidates me a bit. :-)
Post a Comment