We heard yesterday that our cable will come in the next week or so - which means we can leave ANYTIME after that! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! It is really, really, real. Really, Really, Real.
When our agency called, my sister and I were at the beach watching her husband's band play. We hugged and jumped up and down shouting Yeah!Yeah!Yeah! It was a little silly. But we are soooo excited. We got the official call on Anna's birthday. Very fitting!! We couldn't be more excited. Thanks to AIP, and a LOT of patience, we are finally going to Kaz! Thanks guys!!! :)
Just wanted to let you all know! We are leaving!!!! We can go get our baby - finally. *loud sigh*
Now comes the hard part...
1) planning for a substitute teacher for ~6 weeks
2) planning for 2 weeks at school myself - after a 5 month hiatus - not including summer! Do I remember how to teach??
3) packing
4) cleaning my house
5) sealing Maks' furniture - maybe Nana will do this when she is here babysitting the furry animal??
6) Do we own any clothes that will keep us warm in "Southern Siberia" in February??
7)..... I am sure there is more but ....
8) becoming parents after 17 years without kids. Yikes!!
I couldn't sleep last night!!
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Melissa,
I am so happy for you. What an exciting time! Just try not to throw up on the airplane from nervousness! Good luck.
Lisa
Melissa,
This is AWESOME! Really, your story gives us waiting hope. Congratulations! I can only imagine how excited you guys must be.
Rhonda
That's the best news! I'm so excited for you.
OH MY GOD- YIPPEEE im jumping for joy for you- safe travels and take a deep breath- Your gonna be a Mommy
Melissa:
Sounds like you guys are in about the same part of the process as we are. We hope to get our LOI any moment now and travel by the end of the month. What part of Kazakhstan are you adopting from?
Congrats! How exciting. Have you seen http://uterinewars.typepad.com/uterine_wars/
I remember she had a picture of all she packed and then discussed what was and wasn't needed.
Post a Comment