Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My (non-triumphant) return to SBHS


I had a meeting with my new principal today. He was very wonderful and understanding. How lucky is that! He told me not to worry too much about the school. When we get our LOI, we will go to Kazakhstan and the school will miss me but will do ok without me. He made me feel sooooo much better. He had many different suggestions on how it would all work out. :) :) :)

I was so nervous to go and see him today. But - man - am I a happy camper!

Thank you Principal Turnbull (?sp) for your amazing kindness and understanding. Our school is very lucky to have you!!

On another note, I ran into many of my former students today in the hallways and the various classrooms that I visited. They were all so kind and worried about me and wondered where my child was. I was so happy to hear "Mrs. WOOOOODS" again. They are so smart and adorable. I have the best job in the world!

Now I just need to find a substitute for the time that we will travel (2 separate times!! yikes!!) and create lesson plans for that sub. Yucky! Let's see what topic in physics can you learn from a textbook??? I am sure this will help that wait time pass. :)

Maybe we will hear something soon!!

Happy Happy Happy....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you were so worried...

I'm so happy you are feeling happy
(at least today)

You are an amazing teacher and SBHS is lucky to have you...if they didn't know it before I think they definitely know and appreciate it now!

You will be a fabulous mommy, and maybe you will hear something soon ;-)!

Well I have to go and make sick Nate a comfy bed on the couch, stop Jonny from jumping off a laundry basket onto the couch and change Ireland's diaper and wipe off the drool and change her drool soaked shirt before she finishes eating and has a nap!

Love You
Elizabeth

Lauri said...

Thats great news... what a weight off your shoulders now... Im so happy that you got the support you deserve.

Lauri

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. Woods! We were all so excited and happy to see back at SBHS, can't wait until you're back for good. Definitely missing our physics!