Today I went into work. I got to go fix my classroom after a strange teacher used it for the last semester. He is a college teacher normally. Wasn't too hip on discipline. I found graffitti, trash, and other items from the students. And piles...piles...of papers that I am not sure were ever graded. My drawers were a disaster with ever little item you can imagine in them. Ewww!!
Interestingly, the teacher was absent for finals and his last day of work (before I return). Do you all think he will return to grade the finals and give the students a grade for their semester of work. I am doubtful. My room was discusting. (weird word) I spent 5 hours cleaning - of course I wrangled my favorite custodians (Thanks Moises and Cecilio!!) to help with some things. They are always game to help.
I met my fourth period class. Only 36 students in this one. It appears that I have 183 students - which is 15 over contract. Anyway - the students were really cute and some even came up to introduce themselves. I met Jose, then Jose right after that. a-oh! Already trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Turns out I really have two Jose's!! It was funny. We all laughed.
Sooooo excited to be back at school! I don't have to worry about the next two weeks going by fast, that's for sure. My classroom is clean and organized and all of my apples are out!
Friday, January 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on going back to work. You seem really happy about it. I'm not a teacher, but I truly love my job.
Post a Comment