Saturday, March 04, 2006

No pictures today, boo hoo.

More of the same. Not to mention that our camera had dead batteries twice.

We learned Maksim is a clever boy who is very calm and listens to his caregivers. He ate lots of food and is repeating much of what we say. He is also teaching Momma and Papa Russian. When we mispronounce the words, he repeats them until we get it right. Then he says "Da-aa" with a knowing nod (you got it right, finally!)

We love to take him for walks and feed him. He really liked to see the orphanage Sobaka. We were afraid some Babooshka would come out and scold us again if we let him get close. We are going to ask about it so he can become more used to dogs.

But at the end of the day, Momma and Papa cried when we had to leave Maksim. Maksim was so cute. He stopped crying, sat up, wiped Momma's tears and we all laughed. Then we finished putting away the blanket and Maksim helped Momma put on her boots. Da Svidanya. Dobrae Vecher.

4 comments:

Jennefer said...

Thanks for sharing such tender moments.:)

I got your message about the internet in Russia. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Maks reminds me of his Momma...once when you were in the hospital having a spinal tap I was crying and you looked up and said "don't cry mommy..I okay...you weren't quite 3 years old...you were such a tender child and I know you are going to be a tender Momma....such a lucky family we are to have found Maks...

Love...Babooshka

Maggie said...

The first time Peanut and I had a major misunderstanding he went into pout mode and refused to buckle his seat belt so we could leave my parents house. I just sat in the car with him and talked soothingly. 20 minutes later he was still refusing to buckle up. My mother told me to just go. So I did. But I stopped at the closest parking lot, because I thought he needed to learn. Minutes later I started to cry because it was the first time he was so mad at me. As soon as he saw that he climbed over the seat and started apologizing and hugging me. It was a huge bonding moment for us.

Seeing your tears probably showed Maks how deeply you love him. Your boy sounds so sweet and empathetic. I couldn't be happier for you.

Anonymous said...

FROM THE OTHER BABOOSHKA,
TAKE HEART LOVED ONES, THE DAY WILL SOON BE HERE WHEN YOU NEED NOT SAY GOODBYE, JUST GOODNIGHT.
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH.