Today is Family Day! We are so happy to say that we are finally united as a happy family. We had a lot of fun. We learned alot about each other. We are all pooped!
We picked up Maksim, gave some thank you gifts to the caregivers and orphanage director. We asked if we could return on Saturday to bring some things to the children. We were told that "would be fine. Maksim loved his new snow clothes. He told Lena they were "Beautiful Pants". We didn't take any pictures because we were stunned, I think.
He cried for about 2 seconds when we first put him in the car. I picked him up quickly and told him it was okay because Momma had him. He said Horosha (okay) and we left. His eyes were ride and he kept asking Momma for something - but Lena couldn't hear what it was. Our driver Semyone had to attend a funeral so we had him bring us straight home. We were happy to get to spend time with Maksim alone.
First Car Ride
At the apartment, he investigated everything. We had to scramble to put items out of his reach. We thougth we had already done this. Silly parents. Everything was interesting. He loved eveything that we gave him. Even Momma's food was really good. He kept saying It was really funny because Papa gave him a huge bite of chicken before Momma could grab it - it was in his mouth. He chewed on it for a while then looked at Momma with a scared face and spit it into her hand. All the juices were gone so what good was the chicken lump? Jonny knows all about this.

We finally got him to relax enough to watch Ice Age with us this evening. He was like wind up willy the whole time. Sorry Roni Ron! We think you have a new rival! When the movie was over his was still singing songs trying to redirect our attention from getting him to sleep. During the credits. I put him on my lap and rocked him. On the very last note, he was out! Yeah! I was so excited. I looked over at Papa - Now what? We managed to get him into his bed and now we hope he doesn't wake up scared in the night.
Anyway - I forgot to take pics for most of the day - but did snap a few. Family Day was as perfect as we imagined. Complete with pee on the floor, toilet, Papa, Momma, 3 pair of underwear and 3 pull ups. Toys everywhere! Bath time, lots of food. :) I am sure we will all sleep soundly.

2 comments:
Hey Guys, I loved hearing about your first day together. How exciting!! I know you will have so many more exciting moments. Thank you so much for sharing all these precious, joyous, and sometimes heartbreaking moments with all of us. This truly is an amazing journey! Love, Tami
What a brave boy. First car ride, new food, away from the orphanage... but it's all good because he's with his family. Family. Isn't that a wonderful word?
Post a Comment