Today Papa is writing his first blog.(It's true I'm not a blogger or even a computer guy).This morning we both visited Maks, but Momma had a migraine and couldn't make it for the afternoon.Papa got his first taste of what my next couple of months with Maks will be like.I loved it but still missed Momma.I had our translater Lena explain to Maks that his mom had a headache.He pointed to his head and said "does her head have pain"with a worried look on his little face.Then he said"banana?",just making sure it woulnd't affect his snack.At least Momma comes first.After our snack I suited him up for our walk outdoors.One of his caregivers told me this was the last time she would see Maks and she was going to miss him(he is one of their favorites).On our walk we saw the resident orphange dog"Reegshee"(the closest I can spell it without using the cyrillic alphabet).Maks was well behaved until it was time to go back in.He cried for just a minute until I told him I would swing him in his blanket when we got back in.He decided to start calling his toy dog "Reegshee"also.When I swung him and his toy dog I would sing "Rock-a-bye Maksim"with the last line"and down will come Maksim-e-Reegshee cradle and all".
Papa is very tired from typing the above paragraph. The end.
Friday, March 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Stumbled onto your blog a month ago and, having seeing a friend navigate a Russian adoption, was hooked. Just wanted to thank you both for posting; your warmth and good cheer come through loud and clear. Maks is on lucky kid. Good luck to the three of you as you begin a new stage in your life together.
P.S. The photos have been great too!
I can't remember if I commented before- I've been reading since shortly after you met Maksim. Have loved reading your story and your warmth and love for your son is so present and immediate in everything you write. I am so excited that you only have 2 more goodbyes with Maks- its soooo close. Hope the journey home goes smoothly.
HELLO LOVED ONES,
JASON, YOU GET YOUR COMPUTER SKILLS FROM YOUR MOMMA. : O )
MELIS, I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON. MAKSIM, I LOVE YOU DEARLY. TAKE CARE OF MOMMA E POPPA.
MORE LOVE AND HUGS,
MOM
thanks for the update papa. hoping momma feels better tomorrow so the lonnnggg plane ride isn't so bad.
Post a Comment