Sunday, March 26, 2006

Can't Sleep

Well - I can't sleep very well. I am so excited to go pick up Maksim for GOOD! Yeah!

We picked up a bunch of groceries and I cleaned the apartment very well this afternoon. Papa and Momma had a very nice lunch at a the Red Dragon (a Korean restaurant). The food was good and I had some SPICY chicken satays. Yum! I am happy to burn my mouth on capsicum. :)

I have had a bunch of questions about the timeline from now, so I thought I would get up and blog. After we pick up Maksim tomorrow, we can apply for his passport. This takes 7-10 days. Once we have his passport, we will travel to Almaty, visit a clinic for a medical check up, then we can go to the American Embassy. In Almaty it takes 3 days. So we are just a couple of weeks from home if all goes well. We hope that the paperwork goes smoothly and we have no more unexpected fees. We'll see.

I guess that was a boring blog. It sounded like it would be much better in my head when I was trying to sleep. :)

NO MORE GOODBYES! Nyet Paka Paka.

7 comments:

A Room to Grow said...

wow, i didn't know the process in kaz was so long. but i think the opportunity that you've had to bond with Maks in the orphanage is wonderful. and i can't believe the next post you'll have him at your apartment! his passport photo is going to be sooo cute. yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

HEY LOVED ONES,
THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE. NOT BORING AT ALL. WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU AND ARE SOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL SAFE AT HOME.
LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!
MOM

Chris Sapp said...

We hope all goes well these next couple of weeks. Just be relentless - if something is taking too long, keep asking questions. We can't wait to hear about taking Maks back to your apartment!

When you get to Almaty, go to Soho. Such good food and an American menu :-)

The Sapps

Anonymous said...

So exciting that you are going to have your son with you!!! He is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

So Sorry I spelled Maks wrong last time. Anyway, I am glad to hear that you are getting so close to bringing him home. Congratulations and best of luck with the next couple of weeks. Love Ya!
Tami

Rhonda said...

Never boring! I can understand why you can't sleep, I wouldn't be able to either. Congratulations, the end is finally near.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that right now you are getting Maks. Uh Uh Uh Uh let me think a minute...

Hummmm (giggle, giggle) okay (giggle) uh (giggle) uh will you be happy?

Love,

nate