Wednesday, March 08, 2006

So what do you suggest??

Hello mad physics students!

I heard from 3rd period that everyone is very angry and haven't learned one thing at all. I worked very hard to prepare the reading notes packet to help you think about the heat concepts. I feel like that if you read and tried to think while answering the questions, then you should have no trouble with the "BASIC definitions and did you read" test. Okay, okay, there were a few questions that were a little challenging. But the majority were straight off of the reading packet.

There are no easy subjects in physics. I had to pick one that I thought you would have some everyday practice with. I am hearing your frustrations and I want to help and so does Ms. Yoshizumi. I heard, however, that when she tried to hold a review session, many of you simply ignored her and kept talking to your neighbors. If I had heard that you were listening intently and trying to understand, I think I would feel better. I would understand your complaint about the tough material. But after hearing THAT (plus all the weirdness like fights and fires)...what am I supposed to do?

I feel like you guys have shut down and are refusing to use your brains. I received one or two questions about heat from you guys. I thought to myself..."they must be understanding". But what it seems to me is that you weren't even trying.

What would you do if you were me? Now come on...be serious. I will not respond to "No test." Don't look for an easy out. Here is one idea...what about the research and presentation project that I have left instructions for? Let me know as soon as possible what you are all thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i must say, we weren't such crazies last year were we???

-tessa