Saturday, March 11, 2006

Tough Day

Wheewww! We made it alive and well.

Today is Papa's birthday. But...we haven't had court yet so he didn't feel much like celebrating. Not to mention that as soon as we arrived today, Momma got her first yellow shower. Maksim was sitting on my lap as we ate an apple and read stories. My leg and sock were doussed. Really pretty funny. I was initiated into motherhood today. (I think!)

We had a couple of rough visits with Maksim. We have decided that he is actually doing great and trying be a really good boy. He is a really good boy and we love him. But testing us is his MO for atleast the last 20 minutes of our visits. We cannot decide if our leaving has something to do with it or if he is just getting bored.

We are visiting Maksim in a hallway. Several different people come in and out of our visiting room. It is really difficult because anyone that walks through has Maksim's full attention. He is dying for some communication about his toys in Russian. He tries his best to get their attention. If they do not look at him or interact with him, he starts gesturing toward them. Sticking his tongue out. Making the obeezyana (monkey) face. Hitting the air in their general direction. Screaming. Yie. Yie. Yie.

When we went for our walk, we taught Maksim to play the redlight, green light game. He loved it! We all took turns being the stoplight. It was really fun. Look at these adorable pics!

The afternoon was more of the same - and we apologize for being so boring! Maksim is bored, too. He seemed to tell us today - I'm hiding from you people who don't even know how to talk.
He is so cute. And so frustrated. And we love him so much.

We are frustrated too. We just want to be able to bring him to the apartment so we can be his true caregivers.

On a postive note, Maksim is intelligent, knows tons of English words and phrases, has the sweetest little voice, gives kisses and says I love you, he listens to his caregivers and tries his best to listen to us, is testing the ropes, and he is resilient. We are so lucky to have this chance to become his parents. We hope that everything goes well at court and that the waiting period doesn't kill us. We are worried! : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO LOVED ONES,
PATIENCE IS SO HARD, BUT YOU ARE DOING SO WELL. MAKSIM HAS NO CONCEPT OF THE FUTURE, 3 YEAR OLDS LIVE IN THE NOW. HE DOES LOVE YOU, AND HE IS FRUSTRATED. IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT, OR HIS. IT'S THE TIME CONSUMING PROCESS. THE WAIT SEEMS INTERMINABLE, THE REWARD IS A LIFTIME WITH YOUR SON. HAVE FAITH, IT'S WHAT GOT YOU THIS FAR.
LOVE MOM

Jennefer said...

Thanks for posting some of the challenges as well as the good stuff. I bet you can't wait to bring him home and get settled.

Anonymous said...

Good to talk for awhile this am...got hail in Oak View today..about a inch..so much for sunny CA...Jon is going home on Monday..I'll miss him a lot...but you are worth it and so is our new grandson...

Love Nana

Anonymous said...

Hello Woodsies!

Sorry I haven't kept in touch! Lazy me hasn't gotten in touch with the 21st century. However, I HAVE read every blog and I feel so anxious for you both!!! I anticipate each blog like a Christimas morning present! I can't wait to meet my little nephew Maksim!!! You're already awesome parents, I just can't wait to see it live and in color! :) I love love love to see you both so very happy. I made enchiladas today in your honor and I must say, they were pretty damn good, but I wish the new Woods family could enjoy them w/ me. I know it's sucky to have to wait for court, but great things come to those who wait and you're pretty damn great! Maksim is sooo very lucky to have you both, cant wait till the Woods family comes home!!!

Love,
Candice (a.k.a Can Can)