Apparently there was some mistake and we are not able to pick up Maksim, yet. We have to wait until Wednesday at 3:00 pm to see if we can pick him up. So we are trying not to cry too much and trying to continue to surrender control of our lives to strangers. Lena was upset, too. She tried to say she was sorry. It is not her fault. We are sorry, too.
We went to visit Maksim. He made us smile and laugh and we were very happy to see the little guy. At the end of our short visit he was quite sad. Poor baby. He was very confused because everyone had made such a fuss that he was leaving in the last few days. He didn't understand why we weren't taking him (we don't understand either, Masya!) and we couldn't explain it to him.
It sucks really bad.
*********************
We have had a while to digest the news. We even got to visit Maksim again. The caregivers were sympathetic and kind. So now we wait again. Lena told us that we might get the paper we need on Wednesday morning instead. We are not holding our breath. Cautious Optimistism. :) I wish I could draw one of Helen's funny faces here instead of this computer one. Will this one work? : P
Monday, March 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
AWW MAN! Yuck! NO FUN! :(
We've got our fingers crossed for you guys--you're almost there!
-Nick Hill and the Hill Family
I'd be livid. I hope someone explains the "why" to you soon. So often, us waiting parents aren't given the whys and it's so frustrating. I'm saying prayers and keeping my fingers crossed that this gets ironed out for you soon.
MY BELOVEDS,
I AM CRYING WITH YOU. PLEASE!! LET ME KNOW IF I CAN DO ANYTHING.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH,
MOM
The reward will be ever so sweet when finally tasted!
I can't believe it. I was so excited to wake up this morning and hear of Maksim's first day with momma and papa. This does suck big time.
Pitch a hissy fit
I'm so sorry to hear that news. It really stinks. Hoping you get that paper faster.
Ask tons of questions and be persistent. Chris and I would have been there who knows how much longer if we had not pressed for information. I'm betting someome somehwew could help you bring him home today. Soon... We are thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way...
Mchelle
Awe, I am so so sorry.
Lori
Praying for you guys...
Amy
We anxiously visited your blog this morning to see how your first day of full custody went. We were crushed to hear of the delays. Hopefully Albina and Lena can do something for you before Wednesday--we are praying for that. Keep focusing on you both being back home in CA with your sweet Maks for the rest of your lives.
Steve and Terri
Sounds like another bump in the adoption road. You'll get through it!
funny faces...which one is appropriate for this day? >:/
|:o
<:P
We are praying for you and behind you three 100%
Thinking about you guys...hope you hear some good news soon. ~ gaye
i am hoping that no news (since yesterday eve) is good news. hope you guys are doing ok over there with the delay.
Hi!. I have been following your blog. I actually found you through Lisa and Derek's site. I am so sorry to hear about the latest news!. I know you guys are upset and frustrated. But, it sounds like you both are very strong people and will get through it and before you know it will be home with your beautiful baby!. I cannot wait to read more of your story as it unfolds!
Post a Comment