Saturday, March 25, 2006

1 more goodbye!


We can't believe that we only have to say goodbye to Maksim 1 more time. Today was a really difficult goodbye. Maksim held onto his Papa and wouldn't let go.

We had a great time. Maksim is adorable and we love him so much. He found a funny looking bug in the spider book that we read together. He copied the face we saw. It was too funny. Momma and Papa also did the face. Now every time we look at that page, we all make the face. Too funny.

He bonks his head on everything! We think we need to get him a little helmet. Do all children bonk with no abandon?? Notice all the bruises. Sometimes it is Momma or Papa's fault, somtimes Maksim kinda throws himself down and bonks it, other times it an accident. It all adds up to a bunch of bruises. Maybe he is just a rough and tumble little guy. I suppose that is what they mean. Cute Cute Cute.

He is coming to trust us. I love it when he copies his Papa. From his walk to things he says. He loves to sit on Momma's lap and snuggle. He loves Papa to swing him high and carry him around. He is very loving and shares hugs and kisses with each of us. We noticed that in the last couple of weeks he stopped saying I love you so much. We kept saying it but he wouldn't repeat. Today I asked him for a kiss and he kissed me and then said Nyet Paka. I said no we aren't leaving. Then he gave Papa a kiss and said Nyet Paka just to be sure. Papa agreed that we weren't leaving. Several times during our afternoon visit he just kept checking that we weren't leaving. Nyet Paka. Then I realized - we always say I love you so much at the end. He just didn't want it to come. Neither did we. At the end of the visit he cried and held onto Papa's arm as best as he could Nyet Paka Nyet Paka. We had to literally peel him off and shove him through the door. He looks so sad as we close the door. But we know it is almost over.

Lena and Semyone took us to take some pictures of the city. It was a little too cloudy/smoggy. We will try again with Maksim. Well, here are some pics. It is going by so slowly. 1 more day of visits. 1 more goodbye. I know I sound like a broken record. So.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

I'm so glad this waiting time is coming to a close for you. So after you have full custody of Maksim how soon do you get to come home?

Elle said...

He is going to love that boots and underpants photo when he is grown up!

Yeah for 1 more good bye. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and hear all about your Gotcha Day.

Anonymous said...

I'm back with Nana hurry home we can't wait to see you all as a family. I remember a lot of bumped heads on toddlers you just try to save him from as many as you can

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

Yes all kids that age bonk. I can`t tell you how many picture appointments I had to cancel because one of my kidlets would get a huge bruise right before.

My DD has a huge calcium deposit on her head because she would alwys bonk the same place.

OMGOSH only one more good bye. I hope time flies and that final goodbye is over before you know it. Poor little guy, this must be so darn confusing.

Lori

Rhonda said...

Yes, only ONE goodbye left. Can't wait for your post that says "NO MORE GOODBYES".

The Zalomski Adoption said...

Hi Melissa and Jason, You all have been on my mind and I hope all is well. We are busy packing to leave this Friday. I had to catch up with all your postings. The pictures are great. I'm so happy your almost done with the process there. I envy you! Congratulations...No more goodbyes!!! That's wonderful. Good luck and enjoy the remaining part of your trip. -Dotty Zalomski