Sunday, April 16, 2006

Still Here



Well....We are getting closer to coming home. I know many of you are wondering what the heck could take so f****** long over there. Ya, so. We wonder, too. We should know for sure our travel dates by tomorrow.

On the parenting front, we have been staying to a pretty tight schedule so that Maksim knows what to expect. This is helping his behavior issues ALOT!! Thank goodness for the good advice we have received. He is a very sweet and smart little boy. Maksim's temper tantrums are not too fun, though. But we feel blessed, lucky, and tired.


We went out to lunch with the Gaines family. It was really fun to meet their 2 boys.
After lunch we visited the Russian Orthodox Church. They were celebrating a day where you use willow branches to heal pains and sicknesses. It always happens one week before Easter. The Russian calendar is one week behind our Christian calendar. So next Sunday is Easter. Anyway, it was very interesting. Inside the church, the father was spraying each persons willow branch with holy water. I was observing and got a good shower, too. We walked around and a man was playing the saxophone. Oh my gosh! Could the saxophone be Maksim's instrument? He is soooo musical. He learns songs very quickly and loves to listen to music. When he heard the man playing he was drawn. He walked right up close and listened for 5 minutes without barely moving. It was really cool. The man even let Maksim touch his sax for a few minutes. Cool!



Here are some cute pics of the last couple of days - of course I think they are! And just so you know it is not all fun and games for the little guy, there is a pic of a tantrum. He was soooo mad.

14 comments:

Chris Sapp said...

Happy Easter Woods family! If it makes you feel any better, check out Natalia's Easter tantrum picture on our blog today :-) It's not a pretty sight...

It HAS to be any day now!
Get Ruslan on that phone and tel him to get with it!

The Sapps

Anonymous said...

HELLO FAMILY,
JASON, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU WITH YOUR SON IN YOUR LAP, BEST YET. THE TANTRUM REMINDED ME OF YOU AT THAT AGE, NOT THAT YOU EVER HAD A TEMPER! I LOVE YOU ALL,
MOM

Rhonda said...

Happy Easter! I am hoping your travel dates are VERY soon. Loved the last pic, that is SO cute.

Gaye and Andrew said...

It is nice to see pics of you with green grass, flowers and short sleeves :) You will be home before you know it. Happy Easter :) ~ gaye

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Ms. Woods! All your pictures have been absolutely amazing, and thank you so much for sharing this incredible experience with us all. Your blog and adorable pictures of Maks never fails to make me smile :) I can't wait for you to be back in SB already!!! I definitely need a fix of physics soon, ap chem review is making my head hurt! :p Please come back soon and have Maks visit us! Have a good day! - Lisa Tse

Anonymous said...

AccounTrack made it through the 17th (even OUR pain was extended for a couple of more days). The staff has scattered to the wind. Not without, however, checking the highlight of our day...the Woods "Treasure Hunt in Kazakstan." Major appreciation for your efforts through this challenging, but fruitful, experience. God speed on your journey home.

Anonymous said...

I think these are some of my favorite pictures. They are so cute! I can't wait to hear of your safe arrival home-it won't be long now! This has been an incredible journey for you-Thank you so much for letting all of us be part of it. Maks is so blessed to be given you for parents. You are so blessed to get him for your son. I am so happy for you and your wonderful life together as a family. Love to you all!! Love, Tami

A Room to Grow said...

seems like you've been there ages and you have a wide variety of pics to prove it... snow, green grass and tulips. hope you learn your travel dates tomorrow.

Chris Sapp said...

I keep checking your blog hoping to see, "We're coming hom!" It will be soon...

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Just a note to say hi. Hope you'll be on your way home soon! (I'm sure not as much as you!) I think you guys are awesome & can't even begin to tell you how much I admire you!

Take care,
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh!!! Such cute pictures!!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you home yet????? Someone please let us know!!

A Room to Grow said...

Not sure where you are, hopefully on your way home!

I've tagged you, if you are still bored in Kaz... (check out my blog for details)

Jennefer said...

You must be feeling like a native by now. I hope you are able to come home soon!