
Bulat and Bulgan took us hiking today to cheer us up. We were kinda bummed out yesterday because we don't know when the heck we will get to leave Kazakhstan. And they had just the right idea. We love the mountains and hiking. You should have seen Maksim's face and cries of glee as he hiked around the waterfall. Absolutely precious.

It took about 30-40 minutes to get to the trailhead. Then it was about an 1 1/2 hour hike to the bottom of the waterfall. It was pretty much straight uphill. Papa carried Maksim in the backpack. It was treacherous and muddy and then snowy. We were for the most part dressed for the occasion. Mom's shoes were Dansko slip ons - not the best. The funniest was Bulgan. She wore 3 inch stiletto spiked boots. And she knew where she was taking us. This was a hike for experienced hikers - for sure. Slippery and steep.

We almost gave up making it to the waterfall but Bulgan urged us on. It was sooo worth it. When we got there we had a picnic lunch and took some pictures. Maksim got out of the pack and walked around with huge eyes and a grin on his face. He would just giggle out loud with glee. That is the only way to describe it. We had so much fun.
The way down was a little more trecherous and each of us had a spill. It was really funny. Maks' shoe fell off into the creek. Bulgan slid about 20 feet down the side of a snowy hill. She stopped herself just before plunging about 5 feet down into the creek- scary but not really. Bulat's shoe got slurped into the mud and fell off. Somehow he held his balance while we dug it out. Then almost at the bottom, yup, Bulgan's heel broke off. We were laughing hilariously. Soooo much fun and laughing. Just the right medicine.

Only a few more days. We will make it. Thanks Bulgan and Bulat!! What a beautiful day.
7 comments:
Sounds like you had a great day together! I think that is exactly what you needed. You are getting so close to coming home now. How exciting!!! Maks looks like he had a great time-thanx for sharing him with all of us. Hang in there-it's almost over
Love, Tami
Sounds like a great day despite the uncertainty of your departure day. You are developing many memories which will be with you forever. I'm glad you have chosen to share them with us.
We are seriously considering Maksim-age for our adoption. Just reading your posts, hearing about your interactions, ... I think that will be a good fit for us.
He's so precious I think you've been united with one of the best kids in Kaz. You guys are a fun family for sure.
I'm glad you're able to find good experiences even though staying there is so frustrating. Just think how large Maksim's world has become since you've met him? Cars, airplanes, waterfalls... you're already giving your child the world.
HELLO LOVED ONES,
IT'S SO NICE TO SEE THOSE SMILES, THE SUNSHINE, THE NATURAL BEAUTY. MOSTLY IT'S GOOD TO READ THAT FUN AND FAMILY TIME IS HELPING OVERCOME THE FRUSTRATION. THE PICTURE OF THE 3 OF YOU AT THE WATERFALL MADE ME SMILE..
LOVE AND HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU ALL,
MOM
I'm laughing SO hard at Bulgan! Of course, if I had been there, I would probably have been wearinb those heels, too :-) Tell her I'm impressed! You'll be home soon!
Hi Melissa,
I was happy to see you were hiking and relaxing. Maksim is adorable. I hope my child is as smart.
Post a Comment