Sunday, April 02, 2006

Nap Time!

Good and Bad news. Good news first - we are going to Almaty on Friday! Bad News - we can't leave for home until probably April 16th. I am supposed to be back at work on April 10th. I don't know if we can push the time sooner - we are going to try. Can't wait to be home.

Yeah! We got Maksim to go down for an hour nap and that made sooooo much difference. We knew he needed to nap before -we were just unable to get him to. He woke up all happy and smiley and snuggly. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing, playing and playing with a madrushka doll (those stacking Russian dolls), and watching ice age (again). It is so funny because he tells us lines from it even when we aren't watching it. He is sure picking up English fast! Anyway - short post - because I am tired. Yeah Yeah I know! But here are some of the pics I couldn't get to post last night. Nevermind blogger sucks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO FAMILY,
WE LOVE YOU ALL. GOOD LUCK WITH TRYING TO GET THE DEPARTURE DATE MOVED UP, WE ALL WANT YOU HOME. LET US KNOW IF WE CAN HELP AT ALL.
HUGS AND KISSES ALL AROUND.
LOVE,
MOM AND KENNY AND AUNTIE DIX

Jennefer said...

I am sorry you are having to stay so long. I am sure you are all anxious to come home. Hopefully you can push it sooner.

I am glad to hear that a young Russian toddler enjoys an English speaking cartoon so quickly. I was wondering about that.

Rhonda said...

Wow, it seems like you've been over there so long :). Sorry to hear about the delay! Glad to see Maksim is picking up English so fast.

Anonymous said...

back 2 work on my bday!!:o(its moorea)well anyway its so good 2 hear that you will be home soon,can't wait 2 have a bbq with u guys!!!:)glad 2 hear maksim is picking up english so fast he'll be a cali surfer dude soon. :)sorry about the delay but see u soooon!!!:):):):):) smiles from all of us!
-the kern family
p.s.(maksim has great taste in movies,ice age is the best!!!!)

Lauri said...

I cant wait until you guys are headed home, at least Mak's is with you now- It wont be long now- pretty soon and you will be home.

Take care

Lauri

Anonymous said...

You got us hooked...now we miss you!

Anonymous said...

surely there will be more updates??!

but we understand...your hands are full. We are soo happy for you. :)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing... I'm glad that you're on with your lives, but miss your updates.

Be well --