After 2 years of Holding Time like this (of which I have no video), I am finally able to "scratch my son's back and read a book" as a commenter suggested the Pease family should be doing. Maybe the commenter did not adopt a child experiencing the trauma and anger such as our family (and I suspect the Pease family) has.
Don't Judge. Trust that we are doing everything we can to love and bring love into the hearts of these children. For some, holding time has proven invaluable.
My boy is wonderful, angry, sometimes dis-regulated (who isn't?), and loved.
The video (actually just audio) is a little quiet at first. I took it at night when we were getting ready for sleep.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where's the video of his song???
awwwww... so sweet. Love you, love him.
me
Post a Comment