Sunday, May 13, 2007

What a year!

Family Day (our one year anniversary) came and went - it was on April 19th. We had a great time riding bikes together and making dinner and dessert. But then...

Then AP Exam time came (the college physics course I teach has a test the students must pass if they are to earn the college credit) and all hell broke loose. After working an additional 10 hours each week to prepare my students for the exams, my house fell apart. The floors weren't vacuumed nor mopped, the bathroom was getting...smelly and there was a pile of laundry the size of tommorrow. Then I was PMS-ing and everything exploded.

Perhaps Maks could feel my stress because he freaked out and completely regressed in his toileting and some old behaviors from Almaty came back. He is a strong willed one.

That was the straw that broke Momma's back. I couldn't take anymore! I really didn't want to take anymore. Why had we decided to make our lives so difficult. I cried for 24 hours. How do moms that work outside of the home do it?? It has been so stressful and difficult and there aren't enough hours in the day to be the best at all of my jobs. Why do I want to be the best anyway???

Well...that was a week ago and I am feeling better (thank you harmones) and life is getting back to normal.

I know that it is all worth it. I hope that it is all worth it.

Before


After

No comments: