Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sasha came home!

An acquatiance of ours, who lives in Santa Barbara, just came home with her new daughter Sasha. We met shortly before Jason and I traveled to Kaz.

I told Maks about them today and how they adopted Sasha and brought her home from Kazakhstan. He was so adorable when he was talking about it. I will quote the old sage.

With an extremely happy face and in somewhat of disbelief he said, "She will not be sad. She will not cry. She has a mommy and daddy."

I asked him if he wanted to meet her and he emphatically agreed. Then I asked what he would tell her when he saw her and he said, "we love you love you very very much."

Something has really clicked in Maks. I am so glad that he is starting to piece together the complicated beginning in his life. He remembers the sadness and that makes me cry. He knows the love and that makes my cry. What... have I turned into an old lady?

No. I am attaching to my son.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yeah! Its been so great to read about Maks' progress. Isn't attachment such a wild process. So much healing takes place...good for you guys :)

Deb said...

I just read your last 2 posts. Such precious words he is saying. And the love he is showing. Brings tears to my eyes I can imagine how you his mom feels.
Congratz on the continued great progress.

Christy and Tyler said...

We are so happy to read about Maks relating so beautifully to Sasha' s coming home. You both have taught him LOVE!!!!!
AWESOME what LOVE can do. Love can heal a broken heart and it looks as if Maks is feeling his own heart full of love! You are awesome parents you should be proud of your journey into parenthood.