Saturday, August 08, 2009

Summer Time

Now that summer is almost over, I thought I'd put some pictures up from all of the fun. Maks continues to grow too big and I want to dunk out all of his birthdays.

Maks was growing his hair out but got tired of me having to brush it. I took him to some haircut lady and told her to keep it long on the top. She chopped his hair. Sad.

He has been riding his bike and playing with the kids in the neighborhood. I have been trying not to hover too much. :) He is making progress in the social arena and that was one of our goals this summer.

He continues to struggle with accidents (potty time) and trusting that what his parents are telling him to do is meant to help him learn and grow. Of course he has a mind of his own but this goes beyond that. It is almost like the 3.5 year old asserting independence stage. We have been home for about 3.5 years so kinda makes sense.

Anyway...we have settled into a parenting routine and we are feeling more comfortable with our choices and mistakes. :P Hate mistakes. Oh well.

Here is a video of our travels...

2 comments:

Tina said...

Beautiful post, Melissa! Hard not to hover, isn't it?
Much love,
Tina

4texans said...

He's such a cute boy. I just happened across your blog. We just got home with a little boy from Kaz and he just turned 4. We also live in central CA.
Katherine
mom2okayo(at)yahoo.com